I've got my life on track. I'm making myself proud. I have goals. People didn't think I'd make it on my own when I left Kansas City. I had "haters." But guess what? I'm proving everyone wrong. I'm going to school, I'm taking care of bills and a house and stressing about a deployment. Yeah I may only be 18 years old, and I may have gotten married a DAY after I turned 18, but when you know, you know. I think I've matured and grown more as a person in the past 3 months than I did all through middle school up until the end of my high school career. (Which was only 3 years and 4 months.) My heart and mind are set on being a brick wall through this time apart from my Marine, so people can truly see that they shouldn't have doubted me.
I will say though, it's fucking hard. I miss my family, I miss my friends, and I miss the stability. If I still lived at home I WOULD have a job right now. Where I live, there's just no way I can get hired anywhere without college. And even when I wanted to get into school, the only campus within a 40 mile radius of me wouldn't enroll me because they "didn't have advisor appointments open in time for the summer semester." Yeah okay. You just didn't want my money, it's fine. I'll take it somewhere else. Currently I'm enrolled online for human services. I want to get a job working for child services and be a case worker. It's something I know I wish I had a while ago, but we won't go into that. Anyway, I just can't freakin' wait for Tim to come home. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life, but it's going to be completely worth every day apart when he gets back. I'm just ready. Now.
Yeaaahhh boo I'm here for you!
ReplyDelete