Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Skype. Waiting for it will be the death of me.

I should be happy and greatful that Tim gets on facebook a lot. And I am, don't get me wrong. It makes my night every time I see that inbox notification. But I'm starting to get really frustrated. I would KILL to see his face right now. His FOB has webcams and headsets, and I know skype isn't down because I've seen other people post screenshots of them talking to their boyfriend, fiance, husband, ect. on skype. I know Tim could have the opportunity. He tells me all the time that he tries to get on every time he's on facebook, but for some reason he can't. Ever. It's been almost 4 months since I've seen his face. The biggest thing that's getting me down is the fact that his best friend over there is getting on skype a lot to talk to his girfriend, and their in the same platoon, MOS, what have you. They've skyped 3 or 4 times now. Yes, this blog is a bit of a vent but I'm really getting discouraged. My heart sank when I saw yet ANOTHER screen shot of his friend talking to his woman. Because my husband was literally just on a few minutes prior. I just don't get it. Really. I wish fucking skype was easier to get to. I feel like the only wife in his unit who hasn't gotten to see their man's face. Ugh. Oh well. Maybe I just need to get over it. Maybe I'm being a big baby about it. I just miss him. A lot. Vent over.

3 comments:

  1. Hey boo! Don't get discouraged right away. Steve told me that a lot of guys don't like Skyping their wives or families because it hurts them MORE to see their face and not being able to be there with them. Some guys handle it differently. Just keep waiting it out girl! You'll get it if and when you're meant to :) Head up. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what you could do? Send him a disposable camera, and have him take pictures of himself /his friends, etc. And then send the camera back to you, that way you can have pictures of him.

    Not everyone in the Marine Corps gets to Skype their families. Jordan told me not to even expect it, because only certain computers have it - and there's always at least a 3+ hour wait for those computers (this is personal experience we're hearing off of). Don't be discouraged. It's been 4 months already, which means you're over halfway there.

    ReplyDelete