Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Home.

Is supposed to be where the heart is, right? Well my heart is in Afghanistan, so I don't feel at home right now. I miss him a lot tonight. I don't know why, because communication has been okay for the past few weeks. Maybe it's because I'm FINALLY realizing how long it's been since I've seen him. Over 100 days. That's kind of a long time. And honestly, it doesn't feel that long, but now that I'm looking at it, we've barely spent any time together as an actual married couple. When he gets home we'll still have a few months of that honeymoon stage. Which can be a good or a bad thing. Maybe I shouldn't be complaining. I don't know. But I feel like this blog is the only place where I can truly let my feelings out. I miss my husband, dammit. I miss him so much. Life isn't the same without him where he belongs. But anyway, on to better subjects.

I'm an official college student. Like OFFICIAL official. Paid for, enrolled, classes start this week official. I'm extremely excited. To all my doubters, *insert middle finger gesture.* Thank you for doubting me. It just made me try that much harder :) I can't wait to be able to say that I got my associates degree in less time than it took everyone else. I am putting the pedal to the metal for this one. AND I also think I might be getting a job soon if everything works out right. All thanks to Michelle Yelton. If you read this, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Even if she doesn't need me, seriously, thank you so much.

Hopefully next blog I post will be filled with even better news. I don't know how many people ctually read by blog, but if you do, you're awesome. I love blogging. I will be keeping this thing for a loooong time. It makes me feel so much better. Until then, stay classy San Diego. And stay strong 1/5, the wives, and every other mil spouse I've met over this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment